TRAINING PROGRAM FOR SEX EDUCATORS CERTIFICATE COURSE
Dr. Rajan B. Bhonsle, M.D.(Bom)
Consulting Sex Educator, Counsellor & Therapist
This is a part-time course consisting of 9 sessions during week-ends spread over 4 weeks.
Timings: 2.30 – 4.30 and/or 5.30 – 7.30 PM.
Number of Participants:
A maximum of 24 participants of both sexes and of various professions.
This certificate course for ‘sex educators’ is designed to train those, who are keen to learn, how to impart sound and scientific knowledge about human sexuality to the youth of today.
In the present times, it is extremely important to keep the young generation adequately informed about human sexuality, so that the correct scientific knowledge may lead to building healthy attitudes towards sex, high standards of conduct, responsible behavior, and wholesome personalities.
This program is aimed at creating a core group of aware adults who are trained in conducting sex education programs/workshops/classes etc., at a school, college or community level.
The emphasis throughout the course is on training the participants :-
- To impart scientifically accurate knowledge about the human reproductive system, and the physical, psychological, emotional & sexual changes that one undergoes at adolescence.
- To help young adults develop skills to interact with both genders comfortably, respectfully and in appropriate ways; so that they learn to develop and maintain meaningful relationships.
- To teach the youth to use their sexuality in mature and responsible ways; discriminating between life enhancing sexual behaviors i.e. responsible sexual behavior, and those that are harmful to self and others i.e. irresponsible sexual behavior.
- To enlighten young minds about the legislation dealing with sexual issues, and to empower them with knowledge in order to prevent sexual abuse, rape and exploitation.
- To impart all essential scientific information about HIV/AIDS and other Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs), so as to avoid contracting or transmitting such diseases.
- Interactive teaching sessions and group discussions.
- Presentation by participants on selected topics.
- Homework assignments are given and extra reading is recommended.
- Admission is given to teachers, social workers, counsellors, psychologists, trainers, doctors and other health workers.
- Aware parents/grandparents of growing children.
- Graduation from any stream.
- A good knowledge of the English language.
- Participants should be open to learning and eager to impart the acquired knowledge for the betterment of society.
- Participants should be willing to conduct a teaching session on a selected topic in front of the group, and receive feedback.
- Participants must have time to study and do the homework assignments.
Fees : Rs. 20000/-
This amount includes:
- Registration fee
- Tuition fee
- Examination fee
- Certificate fee
- Study material (Sourcebook for Sex Educators, charts & printed notes)
- Applicable Taxes
*The fee is fully refundable if you cancel your seat 48 hours before the course begins.
*No refund or adjustment of fees is done once the course begins, irrespective of your attendance.
A certificate is offered which officially certifies that the trainee has participated in a training program for sex educators.
Eligibility for certificate :
- Punctuality at all sessions.
- Completion of homework assignments
- Minimum 60% scoring on the written test.
If a participant does not fulfill any one of the above criteria, he/she is not eligible for the certificate.
How to apply: Contact the Director to make an appointment for an interview. Selection strictly by interview.
“It is easier to answer their questions today, than to solve their problems tomorrow!”