INTENSIVE TRAINING COURSE IN COUNSELLING BASED ON HUMANISTIC PSYCHOTHERAPY
Non – Directive Model (Module A)
This is a 50-hour part-time course consisting of 20 sessions of 2 – 2.30 hours (or more) each during week-days spread over 6-8 weeks.
On-Line :- 3:30 – 5.30 PM (Currently Offered)
Off-Line :- 11.15 – 1.15 PM | 2.30 – 4.30 PM | 5.30 – 7.30 PM (3 separate batches) – Will be offered after the Covid-19 Pandemic is over.
This certificate course in counselling aims at meeting the need for continuing formation of professionals. We all experience the need for updating and enriching ourselves, so as to better ourselves as individuals and to raise the quality of the service we are rendering to people. The objective is not to train candidates for the independent post of counsellor or to be a trainer in counselling, but rather to enable and empower professionals in the ‘helping profession’ to enrich the quality of the services they are already rendering to society, as well as to provide a high-quality, intensive professional training for those who desire and aspire to enter the helping profession.
The emphasis throughout the course is on training yourself to:
- Change certain attitudes and habits, which are not in agreement with correct counselling
- Acquire the attitudes and skills that facilitate the counsellee’s learning process, that leads him/her to grow in maturity and actualize his/her human potential.
- Learn the art of listening
- Study the methodology of correct and complete communication.
- Get in touch with ‘self’ in order to have better understanding of the ‘other’.
The Robert Carkhuff model of Personal Counselling, which is an offshoot of Carl Roger’s Client-Centred Therapy (based on HUMANISTIC PSYCHOTHERAPY).
- Five stages of the counselling process; the goals to be achieved at each stage; and the means to be used to attain the goals.
- Practical training for the acquisition of Attending skills, Responding skills, Personalizing skills, Initiating skills and Evaluating skills.
- Training in empathy, genuineness, respect, concreteness, self-disclosure and confrontation.
Sensitivity training and sharing on a personal level. Much time is given to real counselling practice under supervision and group discussions. No role-playing is used. Homework assignments are given and extra reading is recommended.
Admission is given based on the following criteria:
- Preference is given to professionals in the helping profession e.g. psychiatrists, doctors, nurses, psychologists, counsellors, social workers, teachers, trainers etc.
- Graduate from any stream.
- A good knowledge of the English language.
- Participants should be open to learning and eager to enrich the quality of the services they are at present rendering.
- Participants should be willing to practice as counsellors in front of the group and receive feedback. In order to make this practice real and profitable, participants have to be real counsellees to one another i.e. to speak about themselves.
- Participants must have time to study and do the homework assignments.
- Participants should come for training in counselling and not for their own therapy.
Fees : Rs. 23,000/-
This amount includes:
- Registration fee
- Tuition fee
- Examination fee
- Certificate fee
- Study material
*The fee is fully refundable if you cancel your seat 48 hours before the course begins.
*No refund or adjustment of fees is done once the course begins, irrespective of your attendance.
Certificate : A certificate is offered which officially certifies that the trainee has actively participated in a training course in personal counselling, which is based on the Robert Carkhuff model
Eligibility for certificate :
- Minimum 90% attendance.Punctuality at all sessions.
- Submission of homework assignments
- Minimum 60% scoring on the written test + Practicals.
If a participant does not fulfill any one of the above criteria, he/she is not eligible for the certificate.
How to apply:
- Contact the Director Dr. Rajan Bhonsle on the telephone (98210 93902) to make an appointment for a Telephonic interview.
- Selection strictly by interview.
Administrators of this training program reserve the right to discontinue participation of any participants from the training, if that participant’s background, behavior or interactions are found objectionable and not as per the ethos of the institute. In such cases the participant will be given the refund of his/her paid fees.
Our Motto: Counselling is as effective as the counsellor is living effectively.