ADVANCED TRAINING IN RATIONAL EMOTIVE BEHAVIOR THERAPY
BASED ON COGNITIVE BEHAVIOUR PSYCHOTHERAPY
Active-Directive Model (Module B)
This is a 40-hour part-time course consisting of 20 sessions of 2 hours each during week-days spread over 2 months.
11.15 – 1.15 PM, 2.45 – 4.45 PM and 5.45 – 7.45 PM – (3 separate batches)
This certificate course aims at providing those in the helping profession, who already possess basic counseling skills, with an introduction to the principles and practice of Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy (REBT), earlier known as RET. This continuing educational program will provide participants with additional counseling tools, in order to raise the quality of the service they are already rendering to people.
In this training program you will learn :-
- What creates emotions and motivates behavior in human beings.
- How to identify dysfunctional thinking and what to replace it with.
- The process of therapy and specific techniques to achieve rapid and lasting change.
- How to practice REBT on yourself – ‘Rational Self-Analysis’.
- How to apply REBT to emotional problems in clients; especially depression, anxiety, anger, guilt, addiction, and relationship problems.
ABC model of Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy with inputs from other Cognitive Behavior approaches.
- History of REBT
- Key elements of REBT theory.
- Causation of emotional and behavioral problems – ABC model.
- Nature of irrational thinking and alternatives.
- Main philosophical foundations.
- Intervention principles (Defining specific problems in REBT terms).
- The actual process of therapy.
Lectures and video demonstrations showing REBT in action, group discussions and case presentations by participants. No role-playing is used. Participants will carry out a ‘shame attack’ (to be completed and submitted in writing), and will make a 10-minute essay presentation (topic to be discussed with the trainer). Submission of one recorded session demonstrating the use of REBT accompanied by a transcript and an analysis/formulation of the case in REBT terms is required for final assessment. Homework assignments are given and extra reading is recommended.
- Only those who have successfully completed the Personal Counseling Course (Robert Carkhuff Model) with our institute (Institute of Human Technology) are eligible for admission to this training program.
- Preference is given to those in the helping profession e.g. psychiatrists, doctors, psychologists, counsellors, social workers, teachers, nurses, trainers etc.
- Some experience in using basic counselling skills is required, as these will not be taught in the course (participants need to already feel comfortable in counselling situations with clients).
- Participants also require an understanding of ethical issues in working with people in a helping role, especially confidentiality, respect for the client and their culture, and maintenance of appropriate boundaries.
- Participants should be open to learning and eager to enrich the quality of the services they are rendering at present.
- Participants should be willing to practice as counsellors in front of the group and receive feedback. In order to make this practice real and profitable, participants have to be real clients to one another.
- Participants must have time to study and do the homework assignments.
Fees : Rs. 21,000/-
This amount includes:
- Registration fee
- Tuition fee
- Examination fee
- Certificate fee
- Study material (training manual, worksheets etc.)
*The fee is fully refundable if you cancel your seat 48 hours before the course begins.
*No refund or adjustment of fees is done once the course begins, irrespective of your attendance.
A certificate is offered which certifies that the trainee has actively participated in an advanced counselling course based on Cognitive Behavior Psychotherapy.
Eligibility for certificate:
- Written Test.
- Completion of all homework assignments.
- One live case presentation.
- 10 minute essay presentation.
- Submission of the recorded case accompanied by an analysis in REBT terms.
- REBT Dissertation.
- Minimum 60% scoring on the written test and the above assignments.
If a participant does not fulfill any one of the above criteria, he/she is not eligible for the certificate.
How to apply:
Contact the Director on the telephone (9821093902) to make an appointment for an interview. Selection strictly by interview.
You can also fill out the below form and we will get back to you.
Our Motto: Counselling is as effective as the counselor is living effectively.